While Mommy and Daddy were away...

While Mommy and Daddy were away...

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh me of little faith

Babies know best, sometimes.
Today we went on an adventure to Olympia, and when we got back, little Lauren was all asleep. (So was Abbie.) So, I changed her diaper and put her down for a nap. A few minutes later, I could hear her talking and playing. Keep in mind that she missed the morning nap, and being a believer in naptime (see Tuesday), I was set on getting this girl to sleep. So I told her to lie down. A few minutes later, she was up and at it again... then she started crying. At this point of my life, I was curled up on the couch with Book of Mormon stories (yes, the illustrated one) and feeling mighty sleepy. So I didn't want to be bothered. I had the thought, check her diaper. Did I? No--I was comfortable. So this continued on for a while until I dozed off then was awakened by more crying. I finally gave in and picked her up... and checked her diaper. She was right--she needed to be changed. Sorry, Lauren! :) Now she's asleep, and I'm awake, and that's the way it should be.

Other sweet moments:
  • Morning in bed. This was great--the girls slept in until 8:17 a.m.! Record of the week. This meant that I also slept in until 8:17. Then I gathered up those girls and brought them back to bed with me. They were so sweet and happy, and we played in the big bed (snuggled and laughed) for a while. When I had first woken up this morning, I was a little sad because of a dream I had. Then, in bed with those girls, I felt so happy and it felt so real and good.

No comments: