While Mommy and Daddy were away...

While Mommy and Daddy were away...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Little helpers, big blessings

I found the (garage) light today, finally.

Life is so good. These girls are incredible. Sweet moments:

Dishes with Lauren. Who says 1-year-olds can't help in the kitchen? This little rascal helped me with dishes for around 20 minutes. It was a water conservationist's nightmare. Her favorite parts were filling, dumping, refilling, dumping [...repeat...] water in and out of a small bowl, playing with the water coming from the faucet, and me dumping bubbles on her hands. Then we unloaded the dishwasher (fear not, Mother, she didn't handle the breakables).... she was in charge of putting the kids' (plastic) things into the appropriate drawer. Sometimes they took pit stops on the floor... :) All in all, a good helper. Then we swept the floor and moved the laundry into the dryer (she was helpful with this and managed to move all the clothes I handed her, except the pink sock, which she aprehended and carted around for a while).

Singing for Abbie: A wonderful concert that lasted from Grandma's house to home. Abigail asked me to sing the "Pippy song" (she pronounces Pippy "peepee")... she watched the Pippy Longstocking movie twice at grandma's today. Do I know a Pippy song? No. So, I tried "Just Around the River Bend" from Pochahontas. She didn't buy it. So, I made up a Pippy song. Then when she asked for it again, I...made up another Pippy song. (The second one even had a melody!) Anyway, I then sang "tree song", a "sick song," and "Your love is better than ice cream." This continued until I got to "Nearer, My God to Thee," at which point she said, "Stop singing that," and requested Old McDonald.

Pizza! We are pizza chefs. Okay, so Abbie did all the work... I videoed the process. The best was Abbie adding the pineapple and olives. One for the pizza, one for Abbie... :)

I could go on. Lauren is so sweet when I hold her and she buries her head in my neck. I love how she loves her cow; tonight we came home after Abbie's swim lessons (Abbie even jumped in!! yay) and Lauren was asleep. And miraculously, her diaper was still dry, which meant I didn't have to change her... so I put her in her bed and she just smiled so big and sweet, and I brought her the cow and kissed her and she smiled again. And went right to sleep.

No comments: